Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Me Hearts Gay Cows


Spent my weekend shopping for decor stuff to place in my newly-cleaned-up bedroom and decided to head to shops that offer cutesy items. So, of course Living Cabin of AEON was one of the few places for browsing. And I have to say that I was so proud of Living Cabin. Why? For openly supporting gay decorating items.



Are you surprised? I was too. Maybe it was not intentional. But cows with horns? That's bull. No, not bullshit. Just bull. Or bulls.

That got me and my colleagues into little argument in the office on whether cows have horns or not, or we were just basically looking at two male cows in a basket, suppose to look lovingly as a couple.


Googled it, and I was able to come across an article that quoted City of Austin Library - In some breeds both sexes have horns, such as the Danish Red, White Park, and the famous Texas Longhorn. But in other breeds neither gender has horns like Angus, Polled Hereford, and Red Poll. Lots of times, the animals have had their horns removed.

Still, I should not ignore the fact that these cows are with spots, which means that they are not Danish Red, White Park or Texas Longhorn. They are Friesian cows. With horns.

So, I ended adopting these two bulls. Aren't they cute?


Oh, by the way, they are salt 'n pepper shakers. How cute!

No one remembers the gay sheep. :(

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin