Friday, April 23, 2010

Mama Rings!

Well, Mother's Day is coming. Yeah.

What is your ringtone for your mom?

I used to use this song - Mama Mia. Well, me and perhaps 145,633,211 other handphone users in the world. All for the sake of "Mama Mia, here I go again.. My, my, how can I resist you?"

Oh look. How groovy. Bet your mom don't wear like this when she was in the 70's.

Of course, I believe many in the generation x and xx has the song Mama by Spice Girls in their handphone as the ringtone. I would have, if I happened not to think that the song was too cheesy.



Mama, I love you? Too cheesy.

I wonder if anyone listed Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen as the ringtone to identify calls from their mothers.. That would be creepy.

"Mama just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life has just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away
Mama, ooh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters...
"

A check on the keyword 'Mother' through SongMeaning.net and I find several songs on the first page of search results that listed songs I am not aware of..

Knife, The - We Share Our Mother's Health
Pink Floyd - Mother
Dead Weather, The - Treat Me Like Your Mother
Danzig - Mother
Crystal Castles - Mother Knows Best
Coheed and Cambria - Mother Superior
Beatles, The - Your Mother Should Know
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
New Radicals - Mother We Just Can't Get Enough
Tori Amos - Mother
Paul Simon - Mother and Child Reunion
Queen - Mother Love
Decemberists, The - My Mother Was a Chinese Trapeze Artist
White Stripes, The - I Want To Be The Boy That Warms Your Mother's Heart

Your mom would love the second last song. LOL. I did a same search with the keyword 'Mama' and I got this -

My Chemical Romance - Mama
Kanye West - Hey Mama
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home
Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama
Genesis - Mama
Tupac Shakur - Dear Mama
Cursive - Mama, I'm Satan
Elliott Smith - Wouldn't Mama Be Proud?
2 Live Crew - Hoochie Mama
Bob Dylan - Mama, You Been On My Mind
Pixie Lott - Mama Do
Alexisonfire - Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama
Cursive - Mama, I'm Swollen
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Mama, Won't You Keep Those Castles in the Air and Burning
Morrissey - Mama, Lay Softly on the Riverbed

Nope. Keep away from the song from My Chemical Romance - it started with "We all are going to hell...". Not by Scissor Sisters too, unless you want your mama to know you are coming out. I think 2 Live Crew has a different person in mind when they sang about hot mama. And please avoid Alexisonfire.

Me? Now, I am going with this oldie - Mama Said by The Shirelles.

Yeah, I like it. There are often too many days like this. Thanks for calming me, mom.

Or if you want to be different, then go with the ringtone my ex-colleague had chosen -

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin