Sunday, October 4, 2009

The World of Remote Controls

If I would get myself another speaker, a better speaker system, with remote control, then I would have 6 remote controls lying near my LCD TV. It's either that or I have to manual bend down to tweak the volume button which is lying too low on the floor.

I know. Remote controls are good. If not, we have to get up from our seats to reach for the channel buttons. Future kids would be marveled at how we live in the past without remote controls. It's like a world without remote controls is an uncivilized world. Even ceiling fans now have remote controls, and one does not have to get up from the bed just to lower down the speed.

I look at my media remote controls. Do we really use all the buttons on the remotes? It's like we are speaking to foreigners in different languages.

This is my DVD remote control. What's a marker? Search button in unused. Program? What for? What's a A-b? Random? I don't do Karaoke. Angle?

This is my LCD TV remote control. The biggest space user. TTX/MIX? E.Mode? P.Mode?? Record button??? DMA? Red button? Green button? Yellow button? Blue button? Tools?
Speak English, man!

RMVB player remote control. Made in China!! Simple, and don't speak in English. Musica, which is not about Music. I know what OSD is for, but not N/P.
N/P - No Problem??

WDTV Player remote control. I have to say that this is the simplest, and the smallest, after RMVB player remote control. It makes a hell lot of sense.

The famous remote control in Malaysia - Astro remote control. I have no idea what the FAV is for. I hardly use the color buttons. Mail button?

My point is - the world can surely use smaller and easier to understand remote controls.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin