Monday, October 26, 2009

An Affair with a Book Fair

I am a bad shopper. For clothes. I don't know the art of comparing and trying and testing and feeling the materials or even checking out details of the clothings to decide if I should fall in love with it or not.

I don't know how to shop for food or to buy vegetables and meat. I don't have the patience to do so.

But I have patience when it comes to buying DVDs. Or novels.

Piazza, beside Penang Sunshine Square, held a book fair for Times Bookshop recently. There were books sold 3 for RM10, 3 for RM20 and new books were sold at 30% discount.

When I looked at the rows of books, poorly stashed up on the tables for book-discount worshippers to oogle over, I decided to go for gold. I spent 2 hours plus, and almost broke my neck, reading the book titles one by one, to find familiar titles and authors.

Mind you, this happened on the day when I swore in the morning I would not be buying any more books soon.

Why?

Because I have been a tramp when it came to buying books lately.

I took advantage of HSBC's 35% discount on books bought in ACMAMALL dot com. This, in fact, happened several weeks after I bought my first sum of novels from ACMAMALL. Since that delivery is only free after a purchase of RM200, I did buy that much.

And then, there was this factor that my Godbrother went to USA, and he was able to get me books I am not able to get in Malaysia. So, I bought again, through him, books I ordered through Amazon dot com.

And although I swore that morning, a discount like that was too tempting to resist. So, I bought myself three more books.

I really need a long vacation to finish all these books. ;p

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin