Saturday, October 24, 2009

Water Supply in Penang

A few years ago, when Penang state was under the perceived forever in-control Gerakan control ruling, there was a hush-hush argument about the installation of water filter outside of the flat. Residents who had done so were demanded to remove the filters. Actually, it had to be the unclean pipes.

This means that even though the water is clean when it is delivered from the dam, the water is washing up and flows with it the rust, dirt and everything and more of whatever that can be found in the pipeline and the container. Of course the authority blames poor management or maintenance of the buildings, which funnily, can be linked back to the authority. The authority is the one responsible for approving the pipes and containers.

So, then, the ex-Chief Minister stepped in to stop the demand of the removal of the water filters.

As usual, for someone who has too much time in my hand, I decided to snap photos of how fast the white water filter will turn ugly.

Day 1

Day 2 - already slightly brownish

Day 4 - already mild Milo color.

Day 7 - Teh Tarik pekat.

Day 9 - we are consuming this water, friends.

Hm. I guess only those who can afford expensive water filters in the house is able to survive. I have my Diamond Water Filter, which I am happy to know would help me, in my drinking water. Which also makes me feel guilty coz my mom and the kids in other home don't have such privilege. I am a horrible son.

I guess now I can blame the water supply in Penang too for my hair loss. Yeah, I know. There are many reasons for hair loss. It is just nice and convenient to blame others.

Anyway, to the poor and average income earners who cannot afford water filters in Penang, my condolence.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin