Friday, August 21, 2009

I Love You Beary Much

There is a story to this. And yes, I am a man with a stuff toy teddy bear. Why not? I think it is cute. Not that it was meant to be mine. Not that it was meant to be for the one I had bought for.

So, this is not a funny story. But I got the chance to tell it, so why not?

It was close to Valentine. Some 5 or 6 years ago. I met someone whom I did wish to have a relationship with. It was new. I was given mixed signals. I was not sure. So, there I was in Gurney Plaza Parkson and I saw this teddy bear among all the stuff toys there. This one was catching my attention. It has the pitiful face looking back at me, like those little puppies in the animal shelters crying 'Pick me! Pick me!'. I could not resist myself. After thinking for a while, I bought it. As a present to that someone for Valentine.

Ok, the tricky part here was that I was not even sure if that someone liked stuff toy. Or if so, should it be a teddy bear? One thing for sure, I bought it because I liked it and hoped that someone liked it too. So, it is true. Sometimes, when we choose a present, we choose it because we like it, and not because we know the other person likes it. We buy it because no one buys it for us. Bad bad us.

So, I bought it. I was almost broke, but I bought it half-hoping it would be rejected so that the teddy bear would stay with me. I did also hoped it would be not, so that the teddy bear would be shared.

And... it was rejected. So, it was a heart-breaking Valentine for me. I left the teddy bear in the box I had wrapped for months, before I decided to forgive it and took it of the box, and earned a place beside my single pillow on my single-occupied bed.

And years from then, it looked dirty. I was worried about washing it. I did not want it to be damaged. So, I Wikihow it. Someone instructed.

Does it look fierce. Someone commented that. Only then I did realize that I have an angry teddy bear.

Into the pillow case, it went.


Guilt was building in. What if it failed? Would I be killing my teddy bear?

Anxiety built up. I was a little worried.

The teddy bear survived. I had never seen my teddy bear with a wet look. :p

And there I have it. My teddy bear is all bright and cheery.
: D

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin