Saturday, September 5, 2009

Swatch my Watch

If you curse a watch long enough, it dies. Mine died. If you should read the time and date, you can see that it died on 4.10pm Sept 2.

So, was it cursed? Well, perhaps I did curse it a little too often. Not that I stopped using it. I'm a watch-man. I use watch. For the past few days, I got uncomfortable not able to tell the time and needing to refer to my mobile phone again and again. So inconvenient.

So, why did I curse my watch? Well, to be fair to myself, a watch tells of the owner. I got my watch from my 10 years anniversary for working for my college. And to be frank, this Tissot watch says that I am plain. I am boring.

Hm.

Now, without disrespecting someone, I have to say that eventually it was no secret who picked out the watch for me. And just because it was bought by this person, a lunatic colleague thought I would definitely love it, or I have to love it, just because it was chosen personally by the person. You should have seen how she looked shock when I said the watch was ugly. It was like I had sinned in front of a bunch of innocent kids.

I thought perhaps it was the battery. At a repair shop, the battery was proven to be still having a more than 75% life span left. So, no one knows what went wrong with this Tissot watch.

Some believed that the watch is worth RM1500. It is not. It is less than RM1000. It is not even RM800. It is not even RM600, after discount. How I know? I called up the shop that provided the warranty, pretending to be interested to buy the same Tissot watch model. And of course, with my name engraved at the back, it is probably worth much less now, coz I am no celebrity. I am no Miley Cyrus or Zac Efron or even Paul McCartney.

I saw the watch that defines me. It is a Swatch. And it is also RM580. Which means it remains a watch that defines me, but not likely purchased by me coz it is bloody expensive. I don't believe in paying more than RM200 for any watch.

If Tissot can die on me, why not Swatch? So, nope. I won't be buying that Swatch.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin