Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shark Fin Soup

CNN news showed again shark fin story. I had heard of a few times. Something about the greed of human, wanting shark fin soup, and sharks have to die tragically. According to some sites and news, millions of sharks die each year for their tonnes of fins. Those shark catchers would just slice off the sharks' fins and throw the finless sharks back into the water. Without their fins, the sharks go into their death slowly.

Hm.

I am not one who is fond of real shark fin soup. I have been to Chinese wedding where fake shark fin soup is served. You know what. It is already good enough for me. It is not that I am so good with my taste bud to want the original, nor do I want to pay the high price for the original. Nor do I want to support such cruelty.

The video clip on tv showed how the shark's fin was cut off and thrown back into the sea. And here was what I was thinking.

They are sharks. Remember? Sharks??!!

It is not like they are the CUTEST thing ever on earth. Sharks! They bite.

Hi, I'm Bruce. Fish are friends.

I mean, it is not like the tv is making me any more sympathetic for the sharks. Look at those teeth. Look at those eyes. Even in a photo, the eye is looking like it is hungry for our flesh.

It's not like they looked adorable like the panda below.

Yup, I am the cute one, until Kungfu Panda made me a clown.


So what if I looked lazy? I'm still cuter than you. ;p


Yeah, I know. Pity the sharks. But it is not like the sharks are making it easy for us to pity them when they go around biting people and leaving evidence like half-chewed arm on the beach shore.

Hm.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin