Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sorcerer's Apprentice? Hahahaha.... (...Not in a good way)

I saw Sorcerer's Apprentice today. I was already aware of some critics' negative reviews, but then again, seriously, who really believe those critics?? So, I decided that I should judge the movie on my own.. I mean, I love magic. I love wizard. Sorcerer's Apprentice has both.

But firstly, let's look at all those young actors selected for movies targeted at families.. Harry Potter in the books was portrayed as geeky with messy hair, but hey, look at Daniel Radcliffe in the photo below.. I challenge any mothers out there who wanna whack Daniel in the face?? No, right? More like mothers wanna protect and would sacrifice themselves, just to save Daniel from Lord Voldermont in real life.

Harry Potter, the beauty and that weird, red-hair friend.

Percy Jackson film might not be a great success in the box office, but at least the film got it right by casting a star who so did look like a Zac Efron.

Percy Jackson

Remember the Narnia kids? Well, at least the Prince are charmings, and the little girl is not an irritating Dakota.
Narnia Princes and Princesses

And even Home Alone has the right kid formula. You know, the sweet kid whom we all thought was adorable.. until we got too much of him since Home Alone II.

Macaulay Culkin

But Jay Baruchel? What? Even the kid before he grew up was all wrong.. There was no x-factor. What? Disney was worried that the kid would eclipse aging Nicolas Cage.

Sorcerer's Apprentice... Serious??

I felt bad watching the movie. Somewhere in the middle, I even tried to sleep. One, I would not, and could not, believe that Merlin would be so bad in judgement to pick an apprentice that would turn bad. And that wiseman Merlin's replacement would be a geek??

My colleague told me that this movie was one that combined works from other movies. I could see that - magic. That was an old school. Sure, it could work again, if the formula fits. But the others??

There was the mops (and brooms) scene borrowed from Fantasia (1940)


I've never liked Fantasia, although I understand why it was a classic, and neither did I like the mops scene in this 2010 film.

I thought movies should only borrow formulas that works, but doesn't anyone learn anything about Jar Jar Binks? Nerdy, whining and so-not-a-hero...

Not what you all think I was trying to point out here... :(

Seriously...

And the ending scene, which looked like it was from The Covenant, which was complaint as a scene too resembling Dragonball..



I am disappointed with Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin