Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Last Airbender Introduces Princess Penishead


After reading the poor review of another poor directing effort of M. Night Shyamalan, I was not really rushing out to watch The Last Airbender. My forgiveness for him which got me to watch The Happening (2008) was a poor judgement. Never knew an Oscar nominee Mark Wahlberg could be reduced into poor and stoned acting, until I watched M. Night Shyamalan's work.

Anyway, the movie did earn US$130m in USA box office, due to the cult fan base from the cartoon series. So, I got myself a ticket and prepared myself for the worse.

My goodness. Emotion-less acting, poor dialog, weak martial art moves, wrong casting and bad, bad directing. But what really got my attention, other than trying to figure out who the familiar actor playing Sokka was (Jasper, dude!), was the scene when the trio entered the North City. What was M. Night Shyamalan tried to do??? Penishead??


This was how the princess originally looked like. Thanks to M. Night Shyamalan, the kids were introduced early to body anatomy education.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin